Thursday, October 23, 2008

Westsiiiiide

I mentioned all my worries and woes a few posts ago and Heavenly Father kindly swept them out the window for me, just because I asked. He is so good to me :)

I dread the scopes that West has to undergo. Some images will never leave my mind and somethings just never get easier. One is anytime you have to STARVE your baby for a stupid miserable procedure and another is anytime you see your child lose consciousness for the stupid, miserable procedure. He just cries and I can hear his cries echo in the mask they put over his face and tears running down the sides of his face, wondering why I'm not protecting him. :( frowny face is what those days are like.

Weston was such a trooper this time! He did not even cry until the dreaded mask came out. He did the cutest thing though: he saw the blood pressure machine and crawled into my lap because he was scared! It was pretty funny. I prayed all morning that his tonsils had gone down and that the scope would go well. I was kicking myself for not having Doug give him a blessing the night before, just to aid in our prayers.

Dr. Book came out a half hour later, which already was good news, meaning they didn't have to do any injections and we didn't have to stay the night. I wanted to kiss her ha! Then she gave the best news of all, which I'll get to. She said his stomach (the first picture) is completely healed from all his bleeding. The big funky vein could possibly have a clot, which is why it is so big and funky ( you can see it best from the fourth picture). She didn't want to inject it with chemicals and aggravate it into bleeding. However, she said there a few vessels that have grown on top of it and that is how the blood is continuing to flow and operate and all that good stuff.
















Then, the best part: "This is the first time I have felt that he is going to be okay." I asked about his tonsils and she said they had gone down, so she saw no need to take them out and that the EBV (the virus) looked as though it was leaving his body. I told her it was definitely the first time I had heard it! I mean the problems that he has been having are minor in comparison, but that doesn't mean they haven't been a thorn in all our sides. I am so grateful our prayers were answered and we have a healthy, fun boy!

My Mommy & Me















I found these cute pics on Kristen's camera after Weston's transplant. I almost cried. I'm always behind the camera trying to capture how cute he is, so I really have hardly any pictures of Weston and me. Oh I love him and I love who he makes me try to be. A friend told me that she loved her son beyond anything she could imagine and she thought I must love Weston more. I told her I don't think it's possible to love your children more because that love DEMANDS us to give all of ourselves to them, but I HOPE I appreciate him more because of what we've been through.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay!!!! :) I am so glad Weston is doing better. I know it must be so scary and upseting for your child to be so sick. I have been praying for him and obviously Heavenly Father heard them!
Also, thanks for commenting on my blog all the time. But, we are so close to each other, I really do want to get together some time so I can meet Weston. It has been ages since we saw each other. I have every other Friday off and we could do something. I am definately not opposed to going and doing kid stuff like the park or zoo. Lemme know, Ok?

Chap and Heather said...

Oh Stef, I am crying all over my laptop right now. Those pictures are so sweet and your words sum up all the things I can't WAIT to feel for my child! You have a little miracle, and he has a miracle mommy =)

Lant Family said...

I am so happy for you and that things are looking up for you guys! Those pictures are realy priceless.

john and amber said...

Stef, you make me cry! Even though you had already caught me up over the phone about West, it was still great to read all about it and remember again what a miracle this entire experience has been for your cute little family. You guys are so strong!

Jason and Layna said...

I love those pictures. He is such a cute boy and I am glad he is doing so well. Have fun seeing Lisa and her babies.

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful your prayers were answered too!! What a tremendous blessing!! I am so happy for you and cutie pie Weston! You are such a wonderful mom and an inspiration to us all! Love ya bunches!