Because I have nothing really to blog about lately and I want to do a post, here I go. Not much has been going on lately. A few sleepless nights as of late. Weston has this fascination with his ears so I thought he had an ear infection. Fifteen bucks for a pediatrician to tell me he didn't have one. On the bright side, the doctor did want me to email him ?? His 6 year old has a lump in his neck and mri's and ultrasounds are struggling to reveal what it is. His wife is creating a medical home group where we can report different symptoms for kids with various diseases. So for example, all the liver patients can be in contact with each other and say, "my son won't eat and seems uncomfortable." And I can say, "Oh, he has EBV, my son did the same thing and now we are on an antiviral med." I just love modern medicine. I don't love staying at the hospital, but I am so grateful for the advances that have come about. Especially with my new twin cousins Lauren and Dianna that came over two months early and are doing so wonderfully. Did you know the first liver transplant wasn't until the 80's? If most of us had been born with Biliary Atresia, there wouldn't have been anything they could do! I still have a hard time grasping the concept that my mom had SIX healthy kids!
Weston goes in for a scope next week. And they will probably keep a close eye on anything that may be causing these earaches and headaches that he has. They may have to inject chemicals for his veins depending on how they look. This is what they said about his MRI:
"I don't know how the blood is flowing everywhere. He had two veins that clotted and now one has unclotted, but still has the issue of the one. Somehow, the veins are doing a good job of transporting blood everywhere it needs to go." I know how, doctors and it has nothing to do with you even though you are fabulous at what you do :)
They will also tell me if he needs his tonsils out boo! I'm praying that the EBV will go away, but Dr. Book seems to think it has created a home in his tonsils and they may have to be yanked.
Enough about me though, I want to give a shout out to some friends I have who are going through their trials and tragedies. So many things Doug and I discovered this weekend our friends are struggling with. We are praying for you, we love you, we can't stop thinking about you and wish we could do more. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows our potential and knows what we need to endure in order to accelerate our reaching that potential. I was so impressed with Pres. Eyring's talk in General Conference this past weekend - he said, "Faith is a decision." I said that back in October after I first found out about West's condition. Sometimes, when Faith does not come so easily, we can decide to trust that path and be more than we are.
Slacker:
I have been a picture slacker. I need to take videos of Weston crawling like a speed demon before he gives it up to walking (he's up to 12 steps in a row woohoo!) So here are a few from the archive.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
If I want to
Posted by Doug & Stef at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He is so cute! It looks like you keep busy with your little monkey :) Looks my house- only mine looks worse. I love reading your blog. You are so upbeat and inspiring.
What a nice post, Stef. I enjoyed General Conference so much too, and I really liked President Eyring's talk as well. Yea for Weston, he's walking! Hope all is going well.
So good to hear from you.. Love you.
I love Weston' age. Did Lisa have her babies yet?
All those toys to play with and all Weston wants is the basket. Maybe he has been listening at church and wants to be carried down a river! :) Conference was great!
Dougie and stef! I can't believe I found you! Miss you guys. You sound so good. Love the blog. Thanks for sharing! I guess I'm officially a blog stalker...yikes! Weston is a handsome little devil! We just had our #4...little miss Molly. Maybe we can see you two over Christmas! Love ya, Jena and fam theflanfam@gmail.com
Post a Comment