Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pregnancy Nostalgia


Not likely...but I'm verrrrry excited, Lisa's friend Mikell and I are planning Lisa's shower for this Friday and I can't wait! I am stealing all of Jamie's fab ideas and things are kickin into high gear! I was at a party supply store today and there was this cute 9-10 year old little girl there getting candy like me. Her mom was probably at least 6-7 months pregnant and completely cute. Whenever I see pregnant women, I no longer think they are cute, I think they look miserable because my pregnancy was so hard. I wish I had taken belly snapshots like Lisa, I never did because I was so embarrassed! Anyways, the point of this story is this mom and daughter were talking about how cute and active Weston was. The little girl said, "Mom can we go to 'some store'?" I don't know what store.
The mom said, "No, honey, my back is killing me and my feet are really getting sore. I just want to go lay down for a little bit and then maybe we can come back out."
Little girl, "Please, mom, I'll carry you!"
Mom, "Yeah, you're gonna carry all 150 pounds of me, I don't think so."
I laughed so hard out loud at her and said, "Oh, yes, I feel your pain." The girl then proceeded to offer to get a shopping cart to tote her preggers mom around. So funny, just thought I'd share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the many joys of pregnancy! :) Of course they are all worth it though. That was a great story. :) Good luck with the baby shower!! Don't forget to post pictures on your blog. :)

Chap and Heather said...

That is hilarious, and so cute! I need to hear things like this...I'm still one of those people who think pregnancy is super cute. I'm sure my pregnancy will be miserable!

Yes, good luck with the shower...Jamie has some super cute ideas. I did a good job stealing them too! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the pics from the shower. ;) Hope it went well!! I'm sure you did a GREAT job!